Sunday, September 11, 2011

Magic Celebration

Had the Magic Celebration at the store yesterday, which went off well but not as well as I had hoped.  Since we were giving away free packs of Magic 2012 all day, I really expected more people to turn out than the 22 that did.  For those that missed it, we ran, courtesy of WOTC 5 flights of MiniMax tournaments, in which each player got a pack of 2012 and 15 lands, 3 of each color.  If they won, they got a second pack with which to build a 4 card deck.  Each additional round won got one more pack for their deck.  The overall winner collected a total of five packs.  Did I mention this was free, as in all players had to do was say "I want to play in the Magic Celebration tournament (or some variation thereof)" and we enrolled them.  That's why I was rather surprised we only had 22 players, given that we gave away FREE Magic all day.  By my count, we ran four tournaments open to everybody and one for players under age 16. We started at 11 a.m. and wrapped the last one shortly after 9 p.m. with only 2 people not staying the entire 10 hours.  Thanks again to WOTC for sponsoring a really cool event.

No comments:

Post a Comment